Unique to Mayu, we offer formal or informal meditation on a walk-in basis Monday through Saturday.
* No Set Fee - Pay What It Means To You
Stay half an hour or half a day.
Donations for our drop-in meditation are based on ancient principles of generosity.
When each person decides for themself what a service is worth and gives accordingly, there is a joy that arises naturally,
a lesson to be learned about the nature of giving that cannot be found in everyday commercial transactions.
* Hot Tea - complimentary with every visit
Are you curious about meditation but hesitant to attend a class?
Have you tried to begin a practice at home but found it frustrating?
Are you looking for more peace and tranquility in your life?
We invite you to sit with a warm beverage, browse reading material for introspection, bring in a journal to reconnect with your creativity, or listen to MP3 players with guided meditations and teachings.
Are you looking for opportunities to deepen your existing practice?
Our sanctuary allows you to sit with yourself and other practitioners in an environment outside your home or meditation center, at a time that's most convenient for your schedule.
Visit our Start Here page for answers to all your questions.
photo courtesy of The Denver Post photo courtesy of The Denver Post
Now Available: The Advanced Practice Room
For visitors with formal meditation experience, we now have a new drop-in area. The Advanced Practice Room is a quieter, more undisturbed space that allows for deeper practice.
Guidelines for the Advanced Practice Room
• electronics of any kind are not allowed
• practitioners are to maintain formal seated or standing posture only (walking and lying practice can be done in other areas of the sanctuary)
• movement and noise must be kept to a minimum (posture shifting, coughing, etc. are fine but should be as unobtrusive as possible)
• sitting orientation will be facing the altar only
• communication between practitioners is not allowed
• personal timing devices are not allowed
Needing a little instruction or inspiration for your meditation practice?
Ask us for an iPod and headphones while you're here. We've loaded the iPods with guided meditations and teachings, from a wide range of teachers and traditions. Listen to a favorite instructor, learn a new technique, choose tracks from 5 to 55 minutes. Create your own meditation experience with these unique playlists.
Our heartfelt gratitude to Sounds True in Boulder, for their generous partnership allowing us the use of their media library at Mayu. All tracks found on our iPods can be purchased or downloaded from SoundTrue.com.