- a place of stillness and protection that allows great transformation
- shelter or refuge one can turn to for help, relief or escape
- a source of aid or comfort in times of difficulty
Mayu is an Asian-inspired meditation center open to those of all traditions, beliefs and experience levels.
We welcome everyone on the inner journey, particularly those new to meditation, meditators with an already serious practice, and anyone facing critical life challenges.
To create greater peace in our community by offering contemplative services and mind-body therapies for physical comfort, emotional solace and spiritual discovery.
To be a respected leader in our community in the emerging fields of meditation & mindfulness, mind-body therapies, contemplative spirituality, and contemplative end-of-life care.
1. In the absence of chronic negative influences, the body tends toward health and the heart tends toward happiness.
Mayu exists as a reprieve from the obstacles, obligations and worries of daily life, in order to let hearts and bodies mend naturally.
2. Each person has within them a reservoir of wisdom, creativity and resilience which is cultivated through moments of stillness and silence.
Mayu exists to offer a profoundly peaceful environment in which people may again become familiar with their forgotten inner resources.
3. Because an ill person can be joyful and a healthy person miserable, one cannot underestimate the relationship between mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health.
Mayu exists to promote the advancement of mind-body disciplines, and to make the integration of mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health more acceptable and accessible.
4. Even in the midst of life’s most tumultuous moments, there exists in everyone an undisturbable place of clarity that arises with awareness of the present moment.
Mayu exists to demonstrate that every moment in life is precious, unrepeatable and instructional when honored with gentle attention.
5. We formulate ideas, construct our self-identity, and behave based on how we perceive the world around us.
Mayu exists to spotlight the beauty and benevolence that is often overlooked, but which exists in abundance.
6. Contentment is a long-term endeavor that requires an on-going commitment and reprioritizing of one’s life agenda.
Mayu exists to provide continual reassurance and support to those who are inquisitive about, and dedicated to, examining the meaning of a life well-lived.
7. When a person feels safe in their own skin and comfortable in their life situation they radiate a sense of serenity to everyone around them.
Mayu exists to encourage mental, emotional and spiritual well-being, which always brings greater harmony to the community at large.