Mayu is a member-owned, member-operated, member-supported co-op! Click here for more details.
Our store is open to the public, with discounts for members.
Supplies, education & support from the people who know meditation.
ON SALE NOW!
15% - 20% off all zabutons
Solids, prints, washable & non-washable covers
Today through May 31st, 2015
Mayu has Colorado's largest in-house selection of meditation cushions, benches, blocks, and support bolsters.
Click the video above to see a small sampling of the variety we offer.
Looking to buy a meditation cushion? Read this article for helpful hints before making your purchase.
Buying meditation supplies isn't simply about finding the lowest price.
We specialize in posture analysis and
customized seating options.
Many people get frustrated with meditation when back, neck, hip or shoulder pain appears. We can help!
Our staff will check your alignment and offer suggestions for posture modification, structural adjustments, and bolstering tips. At no charge, of course!
We've worked with hundreds of meditators to help them find the most comfortable, ergonomic seat available. Whether you're managing a recent injury, an impending or past surgical procedure, a chronic condition, or simple flexibility issues, we understand your unique circumstances.
You may not need a new cushion! Bring in the cushion or bench you're currently using; we'll take a look at your alignment and offer suggestions. An extra inch or two of buckwheat hulls or a slight modification to your arm and hand posture may be the only thing needed. (Photo courtesy of Megan Kelling)
7 reasons to buy your seating supplies at Mayu:
1. With Denver's largest selection of sitting supplies you're sure to find the perfect item, whether it's your very first cushion or a replacement for your decades-old bench. Our collection includes products and styles found only at Mayu; many are even made locally.
2. Our knowledgeable staff can answer all your questions—from the many options and pricing of supplies, to correct posture, to solutions for those with injuries. There are no silly questions. We've been committed meditators for years and know well the concerns of those in every stage of practice.
3. After you've made the committment to buy your own seat you'll likely be exploring classes and techniques, learning what feels most helpful to you and where you want support. To help you navigate your personal path we offer a wide selection of classes for beginners and advanced practitioners.
4. Nothing convinces like the tush test! That organic floral zafu might look beautiful online, but you'll never know how well it fits your body until you sit on it. Paying $10–$20 to return a cushion that wasn't comfortable doesn't save you money. At Mayu you can test-sit your cushion or bench—for 2 minutes to 2 hours—before buying it.
5. Our 30-day exchange policy lets you take your seat home, or on retreat, and bring it back for store credit if you're not completely satisfied. Your cushion or bench is not only an investment, it's a trusted friend—one that'll be with you for years to come. Make sure your relationship starts off on the right track by giving your seat the 30-day test.
6. Customer service is the backbone of our business. We'll never talk down to you, or talk over your head. Meditation practice has a language all its own, but we go out of our way to make your shopping experience fun, educational and supportive.
7. Nothing helps enliven our local economy like supporting small independent local businesses!
Needing a cushion or bench
Click here to learn about our rentals.
THE MAYU MEDITATION CHAIR
The most adjustable, portable, ergonomic seat on the market.
We've been refining our signature meditation chairs for years, and we're thrilled to announce the best seat yet!
Not everyone is able to sit on the floor. That's fine! But in order to sit comfortably for long periods of time two things are required: 1) the proper seat height, and 2) an angled seat. The Mayu Meditation Chair offers both, in a stylish design that folds compactly for storage and transport.
Click here to learn more about the Mayu Meditation Chair.
We now offer custom-made prayer beads!
Click here for more details.
Question: Will the buckwheat hulls in my cushion break down over time?
Answer: Yes, with a regular (daily) meditation practice, buckwheat hulls will compress after about 2 years. If you purchased your cushion at Mayu we'll provide free buckwheat refills for the life of your cushion. Didn't buy your cushion from us? No problem, we sell bulk buckwheat by the scoop or by the pound.