Supplies, education & support from the people who know meditation.
Receive one 1/2 priced foot bath and one free or discounted class* with every purchase of a new cushion, bench, seat or mat!
Supplies are only one part of your meditation journey. At Mayu you can become part of a like-minded community of fellow meditators. We encourage you to explore our classes, self-guided meditations and teachings, private retreat room, and more.
*Choose from the following classes:
FREE Community Meditation - Mondays & Thursdays 7:30pm-8:30pm
FREE Love, Compassion, Joy & Peace - Mondays 9:00am-10:00am
FREE Pajama Meditation - Saturdays 8:00am-9:00am
DISCOUNTED Beginning Meditation Series - 6-wk series
Wednesday evenings 7:30pm-9:00pm $15 off any 6-wk series
Visit our Meetup Page for more details about these classes.
Mayu has Colorado's largest in-house selection of meditation cushions, benches, blocks, and support bolsters.
Click the video above to see a small sampling of the variety we offer.
Looking to buy a meditation cushion? Read this article for helpful hints before making your purchase.
7 reasons to buy your seating supplies at Mayu:
1. With Denver's largest selection of sitting supplies you're sure to find the perfect item, whether it's your very first cushion or a replacement for your decades-old bench. Our collection includes products and styles found only at Mayu, many are even made locally.
2. Our knowledgeable staff can answer all your questions - from the many options and pricing of supplies, to correct posture, to solutions for those with injuries. There are no silly questions. We've been committed meditators for years, and know well the concerns of those in every stage of practice.
3. After you've made the committment to buy your own seat you'll likely be exploring classes and techniques, learning what feels most helpful to you and where you want support. To help you navigate your personal path we offer everyone a half-priced foot bath and a free or discounted class with each purchase of a cushion, bench, seat or mat.
4. Nothing convinces like the tush test! That organic floral zafu might look beautiful online, but you'll never know how well it fits your body until you sit on it. Paying $10-$20 to return a cushion that wasn't comfortable doesn't save you money. At Mayu you can test-sit your cushion or bench - for 2 minutes to 2 hours - before buying it.
5. Our 30 day exchange policy lets you take your seat home, or on retreat, and bring it back for store credit if you're not completely satisfied. Your cushion or bench is not only an investment, it's a trusted friend - one that'll be with you for years to come. Make sure your relationship starts off on the right track by giving your seat the 30 day test.
6. Customer service is the backbone of our business. We'll never talk down to you, or talk over your head. Meditation practice has a language all its own, but we go out of our way to make your shopping experience fun, educational and supportive.
7. Nothing helps enliven our local economy like supporting small independent local businesses!
Buying meditation supplies isn't simply about finding the lowest price.
We specialize in posture analysis
and customized seating options.
Many people get frustrated with meditation when back, neck, hip or shoulder pain appears. We can help!
Our staff will check your alignment, and offer suggestions for posture modification, structural adjustments, and bolstering tips. At no charge, of course!
We've worked with hundreds of meditators to help them find the most comfortable, ergonomic seat available. Whether you're managing a recent injury, an impending or past surgical procedure, a chronic condition, or simple flexibility issues, we understand your unique circumstances.
Introducing the Open Mind Collection from Mayu
featuring the first round zabuton!
Click here for more details
Introducing the Mayu Bench™
and the Sacred Energy Seat
The most ergonomically proper seats
for Western-style sitting meditation.
Click here to learn more about these revolutionary seats.
Needing a cushion or bench for retreat?
Click here to learn about our rentals.
Question: Will the buckwheat hulls in my cushion break down over time?
Answer: We find that buckwheat hulls will compress with a regular (daily) meditation practice after about 2 years. If you purchased your cushion at Mayu we'll provide free buckwheat refills for the life of your cushion.
Didn't buy your cushion from us? No problem, we sell bulk buckwheat by the scoop or by the pound.